National Honors Society for Dance Arts
Angela Floyd Schools has recently opened a Chapter of the National Honor Society for Dance Arts through NDEO (National Dance Education Organization). The mission of NHSDA is to recognize outstanding artistic merit, leadership, and academic achievement in students studying dance and foster an appreciation for dance as a true art form and one worthy of recognition and prestige. *See below for more information.
NATIONAL HONORS SOCIETY FOR DANCE ARTS INFO:
- Dancers in grades 9-12 must achieve 30 points to be eligible for induction. Any combination of points may be used as long as the total is 30. Summer activities count towards points. Dancers in grades 6-8 must achieve 15 points to be eligible for induction.
- We will host an induction ceremony for all dancers who meet the 30/15 point minimum and submit those by February 28, 2020. The induction ceremony will be held in the Spring 2020. Date and Time TBA
- Currently open to High School and Middle School students only.
- Forms are available at the front desk. (They can also be found on our web site)
- Membership is optional.
THINGS FOR DANCERS TO DO MOVING FORWARD:
(All forms are at the front desk and can also be downloaded below.)
- Complete the pledge/induction form and return (with membership fee of $25) to Angela Floyd Schools by September 30, 2019.
- Track and record points on the Point System Tracking Summary using the NHSDA Point System guidelines (ask for this at the front desk or download below). Dancers must submit Summary and proof by February 28, 2020 for Spring Induction.
- Graduating Seniors who are inducted will be charged for honor cords ($17.50) and pins ($8.50) separately.
- 2020 Induction Ceremonies – Dates and times: TBA