National Honors Society for Dance Arts
Angela Floyd Schools has recently opened a Chapter of the National Honor Society for Dance Arts through NDEO (National Dance Education Organization). The mission of NHSDA is to recognize outstanding artistic merit, leadership, and academic achievement in students studying dance and foster an appreciation for dance as a true art form and one worthy of recognition and prestige. *See below for more information.
NATIONAL HONORS SOCIETY FOR DANCE ARTS INFO:
- Dancers in grades 9-12 must achieve 30 points to be eligible for induction. Any combination of points may be used as long as the total is 30. Summer activities count towards points. Dancers in grades 6-8 must achieve 15 points to be eligible for induction.
- We will induct all dancers who meet the 30/15 point minimum and submit their summary and proof by April 21, 2024 at the May 25, 2024 Spring Dance Concert.
- Currently open to High School and Middle School students only.
- Forms are available on our website
- Membership is optional.
THINGS FOR DANCERS TO DO MOVING FORWARD:
(All forms are on the website)
- Complete the pledge/induction form and return it (with the membership fee of $25) to Angela Floyd Schools by April 21, 2024.
- Track and record points on the Point System Tracking Summary using the NHSDA Point System guidelines (download below). Dancers must submit a Summary and proof April 21, 2024, for Spring Induction.
- Graduating Seniors who are inducted will be charged for honor cords ($17.50) and pins ($8.50) separately.
- 2024 Induction