Welcome to the 2020-2021 Dance and Music Season at Angela Floyd Schools
We know that you have a lot of questions about what the upcoming season will look like at the studio, and we are here with answers and exciting plans!
AFS reopened for in-person classes the week of June 1st with many precautions in place:
- Class sizes are limited
- Dance studios have been taped off to maintain proper distancing
- Barres and mats will not be used unless absolutely necessary and when used proper sanitation will occur before and after use
- The lobbies are closed; parents will drop students off or wait in their cars
- AFS will adhere to strict sanitation standards
- Students are having their temperatures taken without contact by staff prior to entering the building
- AFS requires all staff and students to stay home when they are ill. In order to reduce community spread of Coronavirus, we follow recommendations from our local health department and best practices from our industry associations, More Than Just Great Dancing!® and Youth Protection Advocates in Dance.
We are committed to providing the safest possible environment for our students and offering multiple ways to take class so that each family can decide what is best for them. All of our in-class lessons will also be provided via Zoom if you feel more comfortable with your student taking virtually from home. You will find the Zoom link in the Parent Portal for each class in which your student is enrolled. With this technology in place, your student can move seamlessly between virtual and in-person classes whenever is best for you. You can even change your mind week to week! Also, parents will be able to watch all classes via zoom since our lobbies are currently closed. We hope to have them open very soon.
Please note that tuition and registration fees are not refundable for any reason. Refunds are only issued when AFS cancels a class due to low enrollment. Should you need to withdraw, a credit for any classes not yet taken will be applied to any AFS tuition or fees due within one year. Additionally, AFS reserves the right to reschedule or combine classes as well as to provide a substitute or replacement teacher as AFS may deem necessary. AFS reserves the right to deliver class content via an online system in the event that classes are not able to be conducted live for any reason including, but not limited to: weather, teacher absence, or governmental advisory. No refunds will be given if a similar online class is provided in place of an in-studio class. Our instructors and administrative staff actually work harder and longer when classes are provided virtually, and we thank you for understanding our commitment to providing them with fair and adequate compensation for their hard work!
We are currently taking new enrollment for both our dance and music programs. You can find detailed schedules, information, and register right from our website. To Learn More, call or text 865-675-9894. We are here to help you move forward with your performing arts education in a safe and fun enviroment. Contact us today to find out what option fits your families needs and see why since 1997 over 7700 families have chosen Angela Floyd School for their Dance and Music education.